Lacey M. Stelle, MD
- Division of Surgical Oncology/Breast Surgery
- Divisions of General Surgery
- UW Health Breast Center at SwedishAmerican
UW Health Surgery at SwedishAmerican
1340 Charles Street, Suite 100
Rockford IL 61104
- MD, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, 2011
- General Surgery Residency, Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana, IL, 2017
- Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD, 2018
Dr. Stelle specializes in benign and malignant diseases of the breast; sentinel lymph-node mapping; neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer; and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Dr. Stelle provides a wide range of services including Axillary Lymph Node Dissection, Core Needle Biopsy, Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Needle-localized Biopsy, Needle-localized Excision, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Simple Mastectomy, Skin-sparing and/or Nipple-sparing Mastectomy.
- Routine Axillary Ultrasound for Patients with T1-T2 Breast Cancer Does Not Increase the Rate of Axillary Lymph Node Dissection Based on Predictive Modeling.
- Wellington J, Sanders T, Mylander C, Alden A, Harris C, Buras R, Tafra L, Liang W, Stelle L, Rosman M, Jackson RS
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 25(8): 2271-2278
- [PubMed ID: 29868976]
- Radioactive Seed Localization Versus Wire Localization for Nonpalpable Breast Lesions: A Two-Year Initial Experience at a Large Community Hospital.
- Stelle L, Schoenheit T, Brubaker A, Tang X, Qu P, Cradock K, Higham A
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2018 Jan; 25(1): 131-136
- [PubMed ID: 29134380]
- Sex differences in procedure selection and outcomes of patients undergoing mitral valve surgery.
- Vassileva CM, Stelle LM, Markwell S, Boley T, Hazelrigg S
- Heart Surg Forum 2011 Oct; 14(5): E276-82
- [PubMed ID: 21997648]
- Is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease an independent risk factor for transfusion in coronary artery bypass graft surgery?
- Stelle LM, Boley TM, Markwell SJ, Hazelrigg SR, Vassileva CM
- Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2011 Dec; 40(6): 1285-90
- [PubMed ID: 21497509]