Layton F Rikkers, MD, FACS
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) BLDG. 1485
1111 Highland Avs
Madison, WI 53705-0000
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, 1970
- Surgical Residency, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 1970-1976
- Research Fellow in Hepatology, Royal Free Hospital; London, England, 1973-1974
- Research Fellow in Surgical Hepatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 1976-1977
Dr. Rikkers is editor-in-chief of Annals of Surgery. He also serves on the editorial boards of Digestive Surgery and Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. He holds or has held offices for the following national and international professional societies:
- American Board of Surgery (Past-Chairman)
- Collegium Internationale Chirurgiae Digestivae (Past-President, United States Section)
- Halsted Society (Past-President)
- International Surgery Society (Past-President)
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (Past-President)
- Society of Clinical Surgery (Past-President)
- Central Surgical Association (Past-President)
Dr. Rikkers is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in hepatobiliary, pancreatic, and gastrointestinal surgery, including the treatment of portal hypertension.
- Quality: the key to surgery's future.
- Rikkers LF, Hoyt DB, Flum DR, Malangoni MA
- Ann. Surg. 2014 Oct; 260(4): 567-73; discussion 573-6
- [PubMed ID: 25203872]
- The evolution and future of scientific communication: American Surgical Association presidential address.
- Rikkers LF
- Ann. Surg. 2014 Sep; 260(3): 409-15
- [PubMed ID: 24866546]
- In appreciation.
- Lillemoe KD, Rikkers LF, Durzy EA
- Ann. Surg. 2013 Dec; 258(6): 855
- [PubMed ID: 24169159]
- Memorial to george f. Sheldon, MD.
- Meyer AA, Rikkers LF, Lillemoe KD
- Ann. Surg. 2013 Dec; 258(6): 854
- [PubMed ID: 24169158]
- Farewell and thank you.
- Rikkers LF
- Ann. Surg. 2011 Jun; 253(6): 1057-8
- [PubMed ID: 21532465]