Lee G Wilke, MD, FACS
- Interim Chair, Divisions of General Surgery
- Director, UW Health Breast Center
- Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology
600 Highland Avenue
Box 7375 Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1993
- Residency in Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1993-2000
- ACS Resident Research Fellow in Immunotherapy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 1996-1998
Dr. Wilke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and specializes in benign and malignant diseases of the breast; sentinel lymph-node mapping; neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer; and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Dr. Wilke provides a wide range of services including Axillary Lymph Node Dissection, Core Needle Biopsy, Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Needle-localized Biopsy, Needle-localized Excision, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Simple Mastectomy, Skin-sparing and/or Nipple-sparing Mastectomy.
Dr. Wilke’s principal research interest is in clinical trials seeking novel methods of treating patients with breast cancer. Dr. Wilke is a member of the Commission on Cancer. She is also a collaborator on multiple grants and trials evaluating novel treatments for breast cancer.
- Cancer Survivorship Care Plan Utilization and Impact on Clinical Decision-Making at Point-of-Care Visits with Primary Care: Results from an Engineering, Primary Care, and Oncology Collaborative for Survivorship Health.
- Donohue S, Haine JE, Li Z, Feldstein DA, Micek M, Trowbridge ER, Kamnetz SA, Sosman JM, Wilke LG, Sesto ME, Tevaarwerk AJ
- J Cancer Educ 2017 Nov 02;
- [PubMed ID: 29098650]
- The Impact of a Primary Care Education Program Regarding Cancer Survivorship Care Plans: Results from an Engineering, Primary Care, and Oncology Collaborative for Survivorship Health.
- Donohue S, Haine JE, Li Z, Trowbridge ER, Kamnetz SA, Feldstein DA, Sosman JM, Wilke LG, Sesto ME, Tevaarwerk AJ
- J Cancer Educ 2017 Sep 20;
- [PubMed ID: 28932992]
- A Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant MK-2206, an AKT Inhibitor, with Anastrozole in Clinical Stage II or III PIK3CA-Mutant ER-Positive and HER2-Negative Breast Cancer.
- Ma CX, Suman V, Goetz MP, Northfelt D, Burkard ME, Ademuyiwa F, Naughton M, Margenthaler J, Aft R, Gray R, Tevaarwerk A, Wilke L, Haddad T, Moynihan T, Loprinzi C, Hieken T, Barnell EK, Skidmore ZL, Feng YY, Krysiak K, Hoog J, Guo Z, Nehring L, Wisinski KB, Mardis E, Hagemann IS, Vij K, Sanati S, Al-Kateb H, Griffith OL, Griffith M, Doyle L, Erlichman C, Ellis MJ
- Clin. Cancer Res. 2017 Nov 15; 23(22): 6823-6832
- [PubMed ID: 28874413]
- Socioeconomic Factors Associated with Post-Mastectomy Immediate Reconstruction in a Contemporary Cohort of Breast Cancer Survivors.
- Schumacher JR, Taylor LJ, Tucholka JL, Poore S, Eggen A, Steiman J, Wilke LG, Greenberg CC, Neuman HB
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2017 Oct; 24(10): 3017-3023
- [PubMed ID: 28766209]
- Mammography Screening: Gaps in Patient's and Physician's Needs for Shared Decision-Making.
- DuBenske LL, Schrager S, McDowell H, Wilke LG, Trentham-Dietz A, Burnside ES
- Breast J 2017 Mar; 23(2): 210-214
- [PubMed ID: 28252231]