Lee G Wilke, MD, FACS
- Interim Chair, Divisions of General Surgery
- Director, UW Health Breast Center
- Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology
- Hendricks Chair in Breast Cancer Surgery Research
600 Highland Avenue
Box 7375 Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1993
- Residency in Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1993-2000
- ACS Resident Research Fellow in Immunotherapy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 1996-1998
Dr. Wilke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and specializes in benign and malignant diseases of the breast; sentinel lymph-node mapping; neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer; and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Dr. Wilke provides a wide range of services including Axillary Lymph Node Dissection, Core Needle Biopsy, Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Needle-localized Biopsy, Needle-localized Excision, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Simple Mastectomy, Skin-sparing and/or Nipple-sparing Mastectomy.
Dr. Wilke’s principal research interest is in clinical trials seeking novel methods of treating patients with breast cancer. Dr. Wilke is a member of the Commission on Cancer. She is also a collaborator on multiple grants and trials evaluating novel treatments for breast cancer.
- Staged Breast Operations: The Nipple Delay as an Old and New Idea.
- Wilke LG
- Ann. Surg. 2018 Dec; 268(6): e40
- [PubMed ID: 30308609]
- Variation in coordination of care reported by breast cancer patients according to health literacy.
- Mora-Pinzon MC, Chrischilles EA, Greenlee RT, Hoeth L, Hampton JM, Smith MA, McDowell BD, Wilke LG, Trentham-Dietz A
- Support Care Cancer 2018 Jul 31;
- [PubMed ID: 30062586]
- Should Reexcision Rates in Breast Cancer Care be a Quality Measure?
- Chagpar AB, Wilke LG
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2018 Oct; 25(10): 2818-2822
- [PubMed ID: 29947002]
- Surgical Management of Lobular Carcinoma In Situ: Analysis of the National Cancer Database.
- Taylor LJ, Steiman J, Schumacher JR, Wilke LG, Greenberg CC, Neuman HB
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 25(8): 2229-2234
- [PubMed ID: 29855831]
- The Presence of Cyclooxygenase 2, Tumor-Associated Macrophages, and Collagen Alignment as Prognostic Markers for Invasive Breast Carcinoma Patients.
- Esbona K, Yi Y, Saha S, Yu M, Van Doorn RR, Conklin MW, Graham DS, Wisinski KB, Ponik SM, Eliceiri KW, Wilke LG, Keely PJ
- Am. J. Pathol. 2018 Mar; 188(3): 559-573
- [PubMed ID: 29429545]