Lee G Wilke, MD, FACS
- Director, UW Health Breast Center
- Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology
- Hendricks Chair in Breast Cancer Surgery Research
600 Highland Avenue
Box 7375 Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1993
- Residency in Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1993-2000
- ACS Resident Research Fellow in Immunotherapy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 1996-1998
Dr. Wilke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and specializes in benign and malignant diseases of the breast; sentinel lymph-node mapping; neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer; and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Dr. Wilke provides a wide range of services including Axillary Lymph Node Dissection, Core Needle Biopsy, Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Needle-localized Biopsy, Needle-localized Excision, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Simple Mastectomy, Skin-sparing and/or Nipple-sparing Mastectomy.
Dr. Wilke’s principal research interest is in clinical trials seeking novel methods of treating patients with breast cancer. Dr. Wilke is a member of the Commission on Cancer. She is also a collaborator on multiple grants and trials evaluating novel treatments for breast cancer.
- A Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating the Impact of Pre-Consultation Information on Patients' Perception of Information Conveyed and Satisfaction with the Decision-Making Process.
- Stankowski-Drengler TJ, Tucholka JL, Bruce JG, Steffens NM, Schumacher JR, Greenberg CC, Wilke LG, Hanlon B, Steiman J, Neuman HB
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2019 Jul 24;
- [PubMed ID: 31342375]
- Postoperative complications in combined gynecologic, plastic, and breast surgery: An analysis from National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
- Tevis SE, Steiman JG, Neuman HB, Greenberg CC, Wilke LG
- Breast J 2019 Jul 06;
- [PubMed ID: 31280491]
- Age-based versus Risk-based Mammography Screening in Women 40-49 Years Old: A Cross-sectional Study.
- Burnside ES, Trentham-Dietz A, Shafer CM, Hampton JM, Alagoz O, Cox JR, Mischo E, Schrager SB, Wilke LG
- Radiology 2019 Aug; 292(2): 321-328
- [PubMed ID: 31184557]
- Does Tumor Size Predict Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in the Modern Era of Biologically Driven Treatment? A Nationwide Study of US Breast Cancer Patients.
- Livingston-Rosanoff D, Schumacher J, Vande Walle K, Stankowski-Drengler T, Greenberg CC, Neuman H, Wilke LG
- Clin. Breast Cancer 2019 Jun 06;
- [PubMed ID: 31300338]
- BRCA Mutation Carriers: Breast and Ovarian Cancer Screening Guidelines and Imaging Considerations.
- Elezaby M, Lees B, Maturen KE, Barroilhet L, Wisinski KB, Schrager S, Wilke LG, Sadowski E
- Radiology 2019 Jun; 291(3): 554-569
- [PubMed ID: 31038410]