Malcolm DeCamp, MD, FACS
- K. Craig Kent, MD Surgery Chair in Strategic Leadership
- Professor of Surgery and Medicine
- Chair, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, 1983
- Research Fellowship, Harvard School of Public Health, 1988
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1990
- Surgical Oncology Fellowship, American Cancer Society-BWH, Boston, MA, 1991
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1993
Champions of Breath Award, American Lung Association (2015-2017)
Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD, Respiratory Health Association (2016)
Dr. DeCamp’s clinical interest is centered in thoracic oncology, a field dominated by lung and esophogeal cancer, but also includes thymoma and thymic malignancies, tracheal tumors, chest wall tumors and mesothelioma. Additionally, one third of Dr. DeCamp’s clinical practice is devoted to interventions for advanced lung disease, including lung transplantation and lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS).
Dr. DeCamp provides a wide range of services including Bronchoscopy, Thoracoscopic Lobectomy, Segmentectomy, Thoracoscopic Talc Pleurodesis, Thoracoscopic Lymphadenectomy, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Video-mediastinoscopy, Tracheal Resection, Pleurectomy and Decortication, Extrapleural Pneumonectomy, Esophagectomy, Thymectomy.
Dr. DeCamp’s research interests include risk assessment and reduction of risk for pulmonary resection, as well as identification of biomarkers predictive of outcome following lung resection for cancer.
- Power for the Sickest: Vitamin C for Vasoplegia after Cardiac Surgery.
- Long MT, Hess AS, McCarthy DP, DeCamp MM
- J. Cardiothorac. Vasc. Anesth. 2019 Sep 20;
- [PubMed ID: 31623966]
- Survival after adjuvant radiation therapy in localized small cell lung cancer treated with complete resection.
- Engelhardt KE, Coughlin JM, DeCamp MM, Denlinger CE, Meyerson SL, Bharat A, Odell DD
- J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019 Sep 09;
- [PubMed ID: 31627955]
- Summary for Clinicians: Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions.
- Reddy CB, DeCamp MM, Diekemper RL, Gould MK, Henry T, Iyer NP, Lee YCG, Lewis SZ, Maskell NA, Rahman NM, Sterman DH, Wahidi MM, Balekian AA, Feller-Kopman DJ
- Ann Am Thorac Soc 2019 01; 16(1): 17-21
- [PubMed ID: 30516394]
- Evaluation of adherence to the Commission on Cancer lung cancer quality measures.
- Odell DD, Feinglass J, Engelhardt K, Papastefan S, Meyerson SL, Bharat A, DeCamp MM, Bilimoria KY
- J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019 Mar; 157(3): 1219-1235
- [PubMed ID: 31343410]
- Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions. An Official ATS/STS/STR Clinical Practice Guideline.
- Feller-Kopman DJ, Reddy CB, DeCamp MM, Diekemper RL, Gould MK, Henry T, Iyer NP, Lee YCG, Lewis SZ, Maskell NA, Rahman NM, Sterman DH, Wahidi MM, Balekian AA
- Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2018 10 01; 198(7): 839-849
- [PubMed ID: 30272503]