Malcolm DeCamp, MD, FACS
- Chair, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Endowed Chair, K. Craig Kent, MD Surgery Chair in Strategic Leadership
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, 1983
- Research Fellowship, Harvard School of Public Health, 1988
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1990
- Surgical Oncology Fellowship, American Cancer Society-BWH, Boston, MA, 1991
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1993
Champions of Breath Award, American Lung Association (2015-2017)
Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD, Respiratory Health Association (2016)
Dr. DeCamp’s clinical interest is centered in thoracic oncology, a field dominated by lung and esophogeal cancer, but also includes thymoma and thymic malignancies, tracheal tumors, chest wall tumors and mesothelioma. Additionally, one third of Dr. DeCamp’s clinical practice is devoted to interventions for advanced lung disease, including lung transplantation and lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS).
Dr. DeCamp provides a wide range of services including Bronchoscopy, Thoracoscopic Lobectomy, Segmentectomy, Thoracoscopic Talc Pleurodesis, Thoracoscopic Lymphadenectomy, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Video-mediastinoscopy, Tracheal Resection, Pleurectomy and Decortication, Extrapleural Pneumonectomy, Esophagectomy, Thymectomy.
Dr. DeCamp’s research interests include risk assessment and reduction of risk for pulmonary resection, as well as identification of biomarkers predictive of outcome following lung resection for cancer.
- Summary for Clinicians: Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions.
- Reddy CB, DeCamp MM, Diekemper RL, Gould MK, Henry T, Iyer NP, Lee YCG, Lewis SZ, Maskell NA, Rahman NM, Sterman DH, Wahidi MM, Balekian AA, Feller-Kopman DJ
- Ann Am Thorac Soc 2019 Jan; 16(1): 17-21
- [PubMed ID: 30516394]
- Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions. An Official ATS/STS/STR Clinical Practice Guideline.
- Feller-Kopman DJ, Reddy CB, DeCamp MM, Diekemper RL, Gould MK, Henry T, Iyer NP, Lee YCG, Lewis SZ, Maskell NA, Rahman NM, Sterman DH, Wahidi MM, Balekian AA
- Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2018 Oct 01; 198(7): 839-849
- [PubMed ID: 30272503]
- Defining Proficiency for The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Participants Performing Thoracoscopic Lobectomy.
- Puri V, Gaissert HA, Wormuth DW, Grogan EL, Burfeind WR, Chang AC, Seder CW, Fernandez FG, Brown L, Magee MJ, Kosinski AS, Raymond DP, Broderick SR, Welsh RJ, DeCamp MM, Farjah F, Edwards MA, Kozower BD
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2019 Jan; 107(1): 202-208
- [PubMed ID: 30273574]
- Short-Term Outcomes of Tracheal Resection in The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Database.
- Stanifer BP, Andrei AC, Liu M, Meyerson SL, Bharat A, Odell DD, DeCamp MM
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2018 Dec; 106(6): 1612-1618
- [PubMed ID: 30240762]
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Can Successfully Support Patients With Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Lieu of Mechanical Ventilation.
- Kurihara C, Walter JM, Singer BD, Cajigas H, Shayan S, Al-Qamari A, DeCamp MM, Wunderink R, Budinger GRS, Bharat A
- Crit. Care Med. 2018 Nov; 46(11): e1070-e1073
- [PubMed ID: 30095500]