Maria F. Bates, MD
- Division of Endocrine Surgery, General Surgery at SwedishAmerican
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI, 53792
- MD, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, 2010
- General Surgery Residency, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, 2016
- Endocrine Surgery Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
Dr. Maria Bates is a fellowship trained endocrine surgeon.
Dr. Bates provides a wide range of services including Adrenal Surgery, Central Neck Dissection, Endocrine Surgery, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy (MIRP), Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy, Modified Radical Neck Dissection, Neck Ultrasound, Open Adrenalectomy, Parathyroid Surgery, Resection Of Substernal Goiter, Retroperitoneoscopic Adrenalectomy, Subtotal Parathyroidectomy, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Thyroid Lobectomy, Total Thyroidectomy.
- Survival in patients with medullary thyroid cancer after less than the recommended initial operation.
- Randle RW, Bates MF, Schneider DF, Sippel RS, Pitt SC
- J Surg Oncol 2018 May; 117(6): 1211-1216
- [PubMed ID: 29266278]
- Back so soon? Is early recurrence of papillary thyroid cancer really just persistent disease?
- Bates MF, Lamas MR, Randle RW, Long KL, Pitt SC, Schneider DF, Sippel RS
- Surgery 2018 01; 163(1): 118-123
- [PubMed ID: 29128176]
- Impact of potassium iodide on thyroidectomy for Graves' disease: Implications for safety and operative difficulty.
- Randle RW, Bates MF, Long KL, Pitt SC, Schneider DF, Sippel RS
- Surgery 2018 01; 163(1): 68-72
- [PubMed ID: 29108701]
- Effects of Implementation of Lung Cancer Screening at One Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Okereke IC, Bates MF, Jankowich MD, Rounds SI, Kimble BA, Baptiste JV, Ng TT, Nici LL
- Chest 2016 Nov; 150(5): 1023-1029
- [PubMed ID: 27568228]
- Use of white blood cell count and negative appendectomy rate.
- Bates MF, Khander A, Steigman SA, Tracy TF, Luks FI
- Pediatrics 2014 Jan; 133(1): e39-44
- [PubMed ID: 24379236]