Michael J Garren, MD, FACS
- Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery
UW Health at The American Center
4602 Eastpark Blvd
Madison, WI 53718
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, 1989
- Internship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1989-1990
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1990-1994
Dr. Garren is certified by the American Board of Surgery, is a fellow in the American College of Surgeons, and member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. His clinical specialties include minimally invasive bariatric surgery as well as other advanced laparoscopic procedures, including colon, antireflux, and hernia surgery. Dr. Garren is medical director of the UW Health Medical and Surgical Weight Management Program.
- Residents' surgical performance during the laboratory years: an analysis of rule-based errors.
- Nathwani JN, Wise BJ, Garren ME, Mohamadipanah H, Van Beek N, DiMarco SM, Pugh CM
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 11; 219: 226-231
- [PubMed ID: 29078886]
- One-year Surgical Outcomes and Costs for Medicaid Versus Non-Medicaid Patients Undergoing Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: A Single-Center Study.
- Chen EY, Fox BT, Suzo A, Greenberg JA, Campos GM, Garren MJ, Funk LM
- Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 2016 Feb; 26(1): 38-43
- [PubMed ID: 26836627]
- Laparoscopic-assisted ERCP and EUS in patients with prior Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery: a dual-center case series experience.
- Bowman E, Greenberg J, Garren M, Guda N, Rajca B, Benson M, Pfau P, Soni A, Walker A, Gopal D
- Surg Endosc 2016 10; 30(10): 4647-52
- [PubMed ID: 26823057]
- Diabetes remission and glycemic response to pre-bariatric surgery diet.
- Biro SM, Olson DL, Garren MJ, Gould JC
- J. Surg. Res. 2013 Nov; 185(1): 1-5
- [PubMed ID: 23845864]
- The impact of previous fundoplication on laparoscopic gastric bypass outcomes: a case-control evaluation.
- Ibele A, Garren M, Gould J
- Surg Endosc 2012 Jan; 26(1): 177-81
- [PubMed ID: 21858578]