Paul D. DiMusto, MD
- Division of Vascular Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006
- General Surgery Residency, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2013
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2015
Dr. DiMusto is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in adult aortic disease with expertise in the treatment of aortic aneurysms and dissection, including thoraco-abdominal, supra-renal, juxta-renal and infra-renal aneurysms using both open and endovascular techniques.
Dr. Dimusto provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Amputation, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open.
Dr. DiMusto’s current research activities focus on outcomes related to aortic aneurysm and dissection care and comparing open and endovascular techniques.
- Attrition rates in integrated vascular and cardiothoracic surgery residency and fellowship programs.
- Chen H, Reddy RM, Palmer SW, Coleman DM, Hoch JR, DiMusto PD, Rectenwald JE
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2019 Jan; 69(1): 236-241
- [PubMed ID: 30455051]
- Natural history of the proximal aorta in patients with descending thoracic aortic disease.
- Tang PC, DiMusto PD, De Oliveira NC, Rademacher BL, Philip JL, Akhter SA, Acher CW
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2018 06; 67(6): 1659-1663
- [PubMed ID: 29276106]
- Cluster analysis of acute ascending aortic dissection provides novel insight into mechanisms of distal progression.
- Philip JL, De Oliveira NC, Akhter SA, Rademacher BL, Goodavish CB, DiMusto PD, Tang PC
- J Thorac Dis 2017 Sep; 9(9): 2966-2973
- [PubMed ID: 29221269]
- Acute retrograde type A aortic dissection: morphologic analysis and clinical implications.
- DiMusto PD, Rademacher BL, Philip JL, Akhter SA, Goodavish CB, De Oliveira NC, Tang PC
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 06 01; 213: 39-45
- [PubMed ID: 28601330]
- Hands-on Training in the Operating Room as a Method of Continuing Education for Surgeons in Practice.
- DiMusto PD, Chen H, Kent KC
- JAMA Surg 2016 09 01; 151(9): 869-70
- [PubMed ID: 27462836]