Rebecca A. Busch, MD
• Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792
- BA, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2007
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis MO, 2011
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics, Madison WI, 2018
- NIH T32 Postdoctoral Surgical Oncology Research Fellow, University of Wisconsin, Madison WI, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellow, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, 2019
- Nestlé Nutrition Institute Clinical Nutrition Fellowship Program for Physicians, 2019
Dr. Busch is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care, and is a recognized Physician Nutrition Specialist® by the National Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists. Dr. Busch specializes in trauma, surgical critical care, surgical nutrition, and adult general surgery.
Dr. Busch provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
Dr. Busch’s current research interests focus on perioperative nutrition support, nutrition support in the critically ill, and identification of nutrition risk and intervention among trauma patients.