Rebecca S Sippel, MD, FACS
- Vice Chair of Academic Affairs and Professional Development
- Chief, Division of Endocrine Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Box 7375 Clincial Science Cntr-H4
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1999
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1999-2006
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Endocrine Surgery Research Lab, 2001-2003
- Fellowship in Endocrine Surgery, University of California- San Francisco, CA, 2006-2007
Dr. Sippel is certified by the American Board of Surgery. She specializes in endocrine surgery, treating diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands. She utilizes several minimally invasive techniques to treat endocrine disorders (minimally invasive parathyroidectomy, laparoscopic adrenalectomy, focused exploration for recurrent thyroid cancer). She has a special interest in treating patients with Graves’ disease, hyperparathyroidism and recurrent thyroid cancer.
Dr. Sippel provides a wide range of services including Adrenal Surgery, Central Neck Dissection, Endocrine Surgery, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy, Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy (MIRP), Modified Radical Neck Dissection, Neck Ultrasound, Open Adrenalectomy, Parathyroid Surgery, Resection Of Substernal Goiter, Subtotal Parathyroidectomy, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Lobectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Total Thyroidectomy.
Dr. Sippel conducts translational research at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center. Her research program investigates the development and treatment of endocrine tumors with a special interest in thyroid cancer. She also conducts clinical research working on improving the care and outcomes of patients with endocrine tumors.
- Identifying Predictors of Prolonged Levothyroxine Dose Adjustment After Thyroidectomy.
- Atruktsang TS, Zaborek NA, Imbus JR, Long K, Pitt SC, Sippel RS, Schneider DF
- J. Surg. Res. 2019 May 09; 242: 166-171
- [PubMed ID: 31078901]
- Performance of a Multigene Genomic Classifier in Thyroid Nodules With Indeterminate Cytology: A Prospective Blinded Multicenter Study.
- Steward DL, Carty SE, Sippel RS, Yang SP, Sosa JA, Sipos JA, Figge JJ, Mandel S, Haugen BR, Burman KD, Baloch ZW, Lloyd RV, Seethala RR, Gooding WE, Chiosea SI, Gomes-Lima C, Ferris RL, Folek JM, Khawaja RA, Kundra P, Loh KS, Marshall CB, Mayson S, McCoy KL, Nga ME, Ngiam KY, Nikiforova MN, Poehls JL, Ringel MD, Yang H, Yip L, Nikiforov YE
- JAMA Oncol 2018 Nov 08;
- [PubMed ID: 30419129]
- The optimal dosing scheme for levothyroxine after thyroidectomy: A comprehensive comparison and evaluation.
- Zaborek NA, Cheng A, Imbus JR, Long KL, Pitt SC, Sippel RS, Schneider DF
- Surgery 2019 Jan; 165(1): 92-98
- [PubMed ID: 30413325]
- Timely Evaluation and Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Patients With Kidney Stones.
- Perez AA, Schneider DF, Long KL, Pitt SC, Sippel RS
- J. Surg. Res. 2018 12; 232: 564-569
- [PubMed ID: 30463775]
- Should Symptoms Be Considered an Indication for Parathyroidectomy in Primary Hyperparathyroidism?
- McDow AD, Sippel RS
- Clin Med Insights Endocrinol Diabetes 2018; 11: 1179551418785135
- [PubMed ID: 30013413]