Rebecca S Sippel, MD, FACS
- Chief, Division of Endocrine Surgery
- Divisions of General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Box 7375 Clincial Science Cntr-H4
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1999
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1999-2006
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Endocrine Surgery Research Lab, 2001-2003
- Fellowship in Endocrine Surgery, University of California- San Francisco, CA, 2006-2007
Dr. Sippel is certified by the American Board of Surgery. She specializes in endocrine surgery, treating diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands. She utilizes several minimally invasive techniques to treat endocrine disorders (minimally invasive parathyroidectomy, laparoscopic adrenalectomy, focused exploration for recurrent thyroid cancer). She has a special interest in treating patients with Graves’ disease, hyperparathyroidism and recurrent thyroid cancer.
Dr. Sippel provides a wide range of services including Adrenal Surgery, Central Neck Dissection, Endocrine Surgery, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy, Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy (MIRP), Modified Radical Neck Dissection, Neck Ultrasound, Open Adrenalectomy, Parathyroid Surgery, Resection Of Substernal Goiter, Subtotal Parathyroidectomy, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Lobectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Total Thyroidectomy.
Dr. Sippel conducts translational research at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center. Her research program investigates the development and treatment of endocrine tumors with a special interest in thyroid cancer. She also conducts clinical research working on improving the care and outcomes of patients with endocrine tumors.
- Injection of bulking agents for laryngoplasty.
- Snyder SK, Angelos P, Carty SE, Doherty GM, Howe JR, Lee JA, Libutti SK, Miller BS, Parangi S, Patel KN, Sippel RC, Sturgeon C, Wang TS, Yip L, Zeiger MA
- Surgery 2017 Nov 09;
- [PubMed ID: 29129367]
- Back so soon? Is early recurrence of papillary thyroid cancer really just persistent disease?
- Bates MF, Lamas MR, Randle RW, Long KL, Pitt SC, Schneider DF, Sippel RS
- Surgery 2017 Nov 08;
- [PubMed ID: 29128176]
- Impact of potassium iodide on thyroidectomy for Graves' disease: Implications for safety and operative difficulty.
- Randle RW, Bates MF, Long KL, Pitt SC, Schneider DF, Sippel RS
- Surgery 2017 Nov 03;
- [PubMed ID: 29108701]
- Assessing the risk of hypercalcemic crisis in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Lowell AJ, Bushman NM, Wang X, Ma Y, Pitt SC, Sippel RS, Schneider DF, Randle RW
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 Sep; 217: 252-257
- [PubMed ID: 28711370]
- Machine learning to identify multigland disease in primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Imbus JR, Randle RW, Pitt SC, Sippel RS, Schneider DF
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 Nov; 219: 173-179
- [PubMed ID: 29078878]