Samuel O. Poore, MD, PhD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, PhD, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2004
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Research, Bernard O’Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia, 2010
Dr. Poore specializes in microvascular surgery with an emphasis on breast reconstruction, as well as general plastic and reconstructive surgery, including reconstruction of the hand and post-bariatric body contouring.
Dr. Poore provides a wide range of services including Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Digital Replantation, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Gynecologic Oncology Reconstruction, Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Pediatric Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Scar Revision, Skin Cancer Reconstruction, Tendon Repairs.
- Repair of a Large Ventral Hernia in a Rhesus Macaque (Macaca mulatta) by Using an Abdominal Component Separation Technique.
- Kempton SJ, Israel JS, Capuano S, Poore SO
- Comp. Med. 2019 03 01; 68(2): 177-181
- [PubMed ID: 29631659]
- Precise One-Suture Needle-Guided Technique for Window Creation in Supermicrosurgical End-to-Side Anastomosis.
- Zeng W, Shulzhenko NO, Dingle AM, Poore SO
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2018 Aug 18;
- [PubMed ID: 30121050]
- Postoperative Management of Lower Extremity Free Tissue Transfer: A Systematic Review.
- Soteropulos CE, Chen JT, Poore SO, Garland CB
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2018 Jul 29;
- [PubMed ID: 30085347]
- Characterizing cortical responses evoked by electrical stimulation of the mouse infraorbital nerve.
- Suminski AJ, Ness JP, Zeng W, Novello J, Brodnick SK, Pisaniello J, Dingle AM, Poore SO, Lake WB, Williams JC
- Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2018 Jul; 2018: 4756-4759
- [PubMed ID: 30441412]
- Drains in Prepectoral Breast Reconstruction: Show Me the Evidence.
- Block LM, Ollech CJ, Poore SO, Afifi AM
- Ann Plast Surg 2018 Aug; 81(2): 248
- [PubMed ID: 29916892]