Samuel O. Poore, MD, PhD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, PhD, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2004
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Research, Bernard O’Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia, 2010
Dr. Poore specializes in microvascular surgery with an emphasis on breast reconstruction, as well as general plastic and reconstructive surgery, including reconstruction of the hand and post-bariatric body contouring.
Dr. Poore provides a wide range of services including Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Digital Replantation, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Gynecologic Oncology Reconstruction, Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Pediatric Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Scar Revision, Skin Cancer Reconstruction, Tendon Repairs.
- Methodology for creating a chronic osseointegrated neural interface for prosthetic control in rabbits.
- Dingle AM, Ness JP, Novello J, Israel JS, Sanchez R, Millevolte AXT, Brodnick S, Krugner-Higby L, Nemke B, Lu Y, Suminski AJ, Markel MD, Williams JC, Poore SO
- J. Neurosci. Methods 2019 Nov 08; 331: 108504
- [PubMed ID: 31711884]
- Multispecialty Microsurgical Course Utilizing the Blue-Blood Chicken Thigh Model Significantly Improves Resident Comfort, Confidence, and Attitudes in Multiple Domains.
- Shulzhenko NO, Zeng W, Albano NJ, Lyon SM, Wieland AM, Mahajan AY, Williams D, Bentz ML, Poore SO
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2019 Nov 05;
- [PubMed ID: 31689721]
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery in Breast Reconstruction: A Systematic Review.
- Soteropulos CE, Tang SYQ, Poore SO
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2019 Nov; 35(9): 695-704
- [PubMed ID: 31370092]
- Major Histocompatibility Complex-Matched Arteries Have Similar Patency to Autologous Arteries in a Mauritian Cynomolgus Macaque Major Histocompatibility Complex-Defined Transplant Model.
- Maufort JP, Israel JS, Brown ME, Kempton SJ, Albano NJ, Zeng W, Kelnhofer LE, Reynolds MR, Perrin ES, Sanchez RJ, Sluvkin II, Thomson JA, Poore SO
- J Am Heart Assoc 2019 Aug 06; 8(15): e012135
- [PubMed ID: 31313646]
- Strategies for interfacing with the trigeminal nerves in rodents for bioelectric medicine.
- Dingle A, Zeng W, Ness JP, Albano N, Minor RL, Feldman C, Austin M, Brodnick SK, Shulzhenko N, Sanchez R, Lake WB, Williams JC, Poore SO, Suminski AJ
- J. Neurosci. Methods 2019 Aug 01; 324: 108321
- [PubMed ID: 31229585]