Samuel O. Poore, MD, PhD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, PhD, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2004
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Research, Bernard O’Brien Institute of Microsurgery, Melbourne, Australia, 2010
Dr. Poore specializes in microvascular surgery with an emphasis on breast reconstruction, as well as general plastic and reconstructive surgery, including reconstruction of the hand and post-bariatric body contouring.
Dr. Poore provides a wide range of services including Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Digital Replantation, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Gynecologic Oncology Reconstruction, Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Pediatric Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Scar Revision, Skin Cancer Reconstruction, Tendon Repairs.
- Effect of Drain Placement on Infection, Seroma, and Return to Operating Room in Expander-Based Breast Reconstruction.
- Ollech CJ, Block LM, Afifi AM, Poore SO
- Ann Plast Surg 2017 Dec; 79(6): 536-540
- [PubMed ID: 28671886]
- Seeing is Believing? Preoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Pressure Ulcers: Implications for Surgical Management.
- McCarthy J, Hartmann E, Bentz ML, Rao VK, Jee Y, Rivedal D, Poore SO
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2017 Mar; 5(3): e1263
- [PubMed ID: 28458977]
- Risk factors for unplanned readmission following head and neck microvascular reconstruction: Results from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, 2011-2014.
- Garg RK, Wieland AM, Hartig GK, Poore SO
- Microsurgery 2017 Sep; 37(6): 502-508
- [PubMed ID: 27658935]
- Optical Feedback Control and Electrical-Optical Costimulation of Peripheral Nerves.
- Kapur SK, Richner TJ, Brodnick SK, Williams JC, Poore SO
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2016 Sep; 138(3): 451e-60e
- [PubMed ID: 27556620]
- Denying the Obvious: Four Extreme Cases of Neglected Tumors.
- Block LM, Jee YM, Baskaya MK, Bentz ML, Poore SO
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2015 Nov; 3(11): e571
- [PubMed ID: 26893996]