Satoru Osaki, MD, PhD
- Surgical Director of Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program
- Dyad lead of the Ischemic Heart Disease program
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan, 1998
- Residency in General Surgery, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan, 2000
- Residency in Cardiovascular Surgery, Kure Kyosai Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan, 2002
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan, 2006
- PhD, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry Okayama, Japan, 2006
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2011
Dr. Osaki specializes in the following: coronary artery bypass surgery, beating heart surgery, aortic and mitral valve surgery, surgery for end-stage heart disease, heart transplantation, mechanical assist devices, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, cardiac arrhythmia surgery, robotic cardiac surgery, pericardiectomy, and cardiac reoperation.
Dr. Osaki provides a wide range of services including Aortic Valve-Sparing Surgery, Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Repair, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT), Cryoablation, Destination Therapy for End-Stage Heart Failure, Heart Bypass (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery – CABG), Maze Procedure (Surgical), Maze Procedure (Minimally Invasive), Mitral Valve Repair, Pacemakers, Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure, Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy, Radiofrequency Ablation (HALO), Surgical Ventricular Remodeling (SVR), Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Open Surgical), Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery (Minimally Invasive), Ventricular Assist Devices, Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Trans-Catheter Mitral valve-in-valve Replacement, Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (off-pump CABG).
Direct innominate artery access for transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
de Biasi AR, Raval A, Tester G, Osaki S
J Surg Case Rep 2022 Jul; 2022(7): rjac330
[PubMed ID: 35919691]
Prognosis of paradoxical low-flow low-gradient aortic stenosis after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Saito Y, Lewis EE, Raval A, Gimelli G, Jacobson K, Osaki S
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2021 Jun 01; 22(6): 486-491
[PubMed ID: 33229861]
The Prognosis of Elderly Patients with Aortic Stenosis after Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.
Saito Y, Lewis EE, Raval A, Gimelli G, Jacobson KM, Osaki S
Intern Med 2021 Feb 15; 60(4): 517-523
[PubMed ID: 33028765]
The impact of increased pulmonary arterial pressure on outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Ujihira K, Kohmoto T, Gimelli G, Raval A, Jacobson K, Wolff M, Osaki S
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2020 Dec; 96(7): E723-E734
[PubMed ID: 32243048]
Percutaneous closure of left ventricle pseudoaneurysm using 3D printed heart model for procedure planning: A novel approach.
Mohamed E, Telila T, Osaki S, Jacobson K
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2019 Nov 15; 94(6): 874-877
[PubMed ID: 31313478]