Satoru Osaki, MD, PhD
- Surgical Director of Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program
- Dyad lead of the Ischemic Heart Disease program
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan, 1998
- Residency in General Surgery, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan, 2000
- Residency in Cardiovascular Surgery, Kure Kyosai Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan, 2002
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan, 2006
- PhD, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry Okayama, Japan, 2006
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2011
Dr. Osaki specializes in the following: coronary artery bypass surgery, beating heart surgery, aortic and mitral valve surgery, surgery for end-stage heart disease, heart transplantation, mechanical assist devices, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, cardiac arrhythmia surgery, robotic cardiac surgery, pericardiectomy, and cardiac reoperation.
Dr. Osaki provides a wide range of services including Aortic Valve-Sparing Surgery, Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Repair, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT), Cryoablation, Destination Therapy for End-Stage Heart Failure, Heart Bypass (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery – CABG), Maze Procedure (Surgical), Maze Procedure (Minimally Invasive), Mitral Valve Repair, Pacemakers, Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure, Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy, Radiofrequency Ablation (HALO), Surgical Ventricular Remodeling (SVR), Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Open Surgical), Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery (Minimally Invasive), Ventricular Assist Devices, Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Trans-Catheter Mitral valve-in-valve Replacement, Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (off-pump CABG).
The impact of increased pulmonary arterial pressure on outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Ujihira K, Kohmoto T, Gimelli G, Raval A, Jacobson K, Wolff M, Osaki S
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2020 Apr 03;
[PubMed ID: 32243048]
Percutaneous closure of left ventricle pseudoaneurysm using 3D printed heart model for procedure planning: A novel approach.
Mohamed E, Telila T, Osaki S, Jacobson K
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2019 Nov 15; 94(6): 874-877
[PubMed ID: 31313478]
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with anomalous left circumflex coronary artery.
Ujihira K, Raval AN, Wolff MR, Osaki S
J Card Surg 2019 Jun; 34(6): 503-505
[PubMed ID: 31021012]
Outcomes of surgical aortic valve replacement for mixed aortic valve disease.
Philip JL, Zens T, Lozonschi L, De Oliveira NC, Osaki S, Kohmoto T, Akhter SA, Tang PC
J Thorac Dis 2018 Jul; 10(7): 4042-4051
[PubMed ID: 30174847]
Inter- and intra-observer repeatability of aortic annulus measurements on screening CT for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR): Implications for appropriate device sizing.
Knobloch G, Sweetman S, Bartels C, Raval A, Gimelli G, Jacobson K, Lozonschi L, Kohmoto T, Osaki S, François C, Nagle S
Eur J Radiol 2018 Aug; 105: 209-215
[PubMed ID: 30017282]