Sharon M Weber, MD, FACS
- Chief, Division of Surgical Oncology
- Medical Director of Surgical Oncology, UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Endowed Professor, Tim and Mary Ann McKenzie Professorship in Surgical Oncology
600 Highland Avenue
Box 7375 Clinical Science Center
Madison, Wisconsin 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, 1993
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1993-1999
- Research Fellowship in Tumor Immunotherapy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, 1996-1997
- Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 1999-2001
- Hepatobiliary Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 2000-2001
Dr. Weber is actively involved in minimally invasive approaches to cancer treatment, including both laparoscopic pancreas and liver surgery. She has been invited as a speaker/moderator at many national meetings, including the American College of Surgeons, the American Hepatopancreaticobiliary Association, Society of Surgical Oncology, and Society of University Surgeons.
Dr. Weber provides a wide range of services including Bile Duct Resection, Caudate Resection, Cryoablation, Cyst Fenestration (Unroof Liver Cyst), Cytoreductive Surgery with HIPEC, Frey Procedure, Gastrectomy – Partial or Total, Hemihepatectomy (Hepatectomy), Laparoscopic Liver Resection, Liver Resection, Liver Tumor Ablations, Melanoma Completion Lymph Node Dissection (Axillary and Groin), Melanoma Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Melanoma Wide Local Excision and Skin Closure, Obstructed Pancreatic Duct Drainage (Peustow Procedure), Pancreatic Head Resection, Pancreaticoduodenectomy, Pancreatic Pseudocysts Drainage, Pancreatic Resections, Radical Cholecystectomy, Radiofrequency Ablation, Right Hemihepatectomy, Right / Left Extended Hemihepatectomy (Hepatectomy), Wedge Resection of the Liver, Whipple Procedure.
Dr. Weber conducts translational research at the UW Carbone Cancer Center evaluating novel tumor selective agents which may be promising for imaging and/or treating tumors. She also conducts clinical research evaluating prognosticators of outcome in patients with liver, bile duct, and liver tumors. Dr. Weber’s research interests also include mixed methods evaluation of risk factors for readmission using a systems engineering approach with a focus on the transition of care and outcomes research evaluating preoperative predictors of postoperative complications.
- New Nodal Staging for Primary Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: A Multi-institutional and National Data Analysis.
- Zhang XF, Xue F, Dong DH, Lopez-Aguiar AG, Poultsides G, Makris E, Rocha F, Kanji Z, Weber S, Fisher A, Fields R, Krasnick BA, Idrees K, Smith PM, Cho C, Beems M, Lv Y, Maithel SK, Pawlik TM
- Ann. Surg. 2019 Jul 26;
- [PubMed ID: 31356277]
- Survival Outcomes Associated With Clinical and Pathological Response Following Neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX or Gemcitabine/Nab-Paclitaxel Chemotherapy in Resected Pancreatic Cancer.
- Macedo FI, Ryon E, Maithel SK, Lee RM, Kooby DA, Fields RC, Hawkins WG, Williams G, Maduekwe U, Kim HJ, Ahmad SA, Patel SH, Abbott DE, Schwartz P, Weber SM, Scoggins CR, Martin RCG, Dudeja V, Franceschi D, Livingstone AS, Merchant NB
- Ann. Surg. 2019 Sep; 270(3): 400-413
- [PubMed ID: 31283563]
- A Novel Validated Recurrence Risk Score to Guide a Pragmatic Surveillance Strategy After Resection of Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: An International Study of 1006 Patients.
- Zaidi MY, Lopez-Aguiar AG, Switchenko JM, Lipscomb J, Andreasi V, Partelli S, Gamboa AC, Lee RM, Poultsides GA, Dillhoff M, Rocha FG, Idrees K, Cho CS, Weber SM, Fields RC, Staley CA, Falconi M, Maithel SK
- Ann. Surg. 2019 Sep; 270(3): 422-433
- [PubMed ID: 31283562]
- Features of synchronous versus metachronous metastasectomy in adrenal cortical carcinoma: Analysis from the US adrenocortical carcinoma database.
- Prendergast KM, Smith PM, Tran TB, Postlewait LM, Maithel SK, Prescott JD, Pawlik TM, Wang TS, Glenn J, Hatzaras I, Shenoy R, Phay JE, Shirley LA, Fields RC, Jin LX, Weber SM, Salem A, Sicklick JK, Gad S, Yopp AC, Mansour JC, Duh QY, Seiser N, Votanopoulos KI, Levine EA, Poultsides GA, Solórzano CC, Kiernan CM
- Surgery 2019 Jul 01;
- [PubMed ID: 31272813]
- Recurrence patterns after resection of retroperitoneal sarcomas: An eight-institution study from the US Sarcoma Collaborative.
- Chouliaras K, Senehi R, Ethun CG, Poultsides G, Tran T, Grignol V, Gamblin TC, Roggin KK, Tseng J, Fields RC, Weber SM, Russell GB, Levine EA, Cardona K, Votanopoulos K
- J Surg Oncol 2019 Sep; 120(3): 340-347
- [PubMed ID: 31246290]