Venkat K Rao, MD, MBA
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Box 3236, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Madras, India, 1970
- Master of Surgery, University of Madras, India, 1975
- Internship and Residency in General Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, 1973-1978
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center, Bronx, NY, 1978-1980
- Research Fellow, Microsurgery, St. Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, 1980-1981
- Fellow, Hand Surgery, University of Kentucky, Louisville, KY, 1981-1982
- MBA, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1989
Dr. Rao is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He specializes in breast surgery, cosmetic surgery, hand and microsurgery. Dr. Rao provides a wide range of services at UW Hospital, Transformations and Meriter Hospital which include breast reconstruction, breast reduction, breast augmentation, body contouring, liposuction, hand injuries and Carpal Tunnel surgery.
Dr. Rao provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Brow Lift, Carpal Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Hand Arthroplasty, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Rhinoplasty, Tendon Repairs, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Rao’s current research interests include breast reconstruction and outcomes in cosmetic surgery.
- Concomitant Opioid and Diazepam Use in Plastic Surgery.
- Shaum KM, Christie BM, Israel JS, Rao VK
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2019 Jun; 7(6): e2050
- [PubMed ID: 31624655]
- Opioid Prescribing and Consumption Patterns following Outpatient Plastic Surgery Procedures.
- Rose KR, Christie BM, Block LM, Rao VK, Michelotti BF
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2019 03; 143(3): 929-938
- [PubMed ID: 30817667]
- Erratum: Opioid Prescribing and Consumption Trends in Outpatient Plastic Surgery: Erratum.
- Rose KR, Block LM, Christie BM, Rao VK, Michelotti BF
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Sep; 6(9): e1902
- [PubMed ID: 30350828]
- Medicare for the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon.
- Firouzbakht PK, Israel JS, Chen JT, Rao VK
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2018 08; 142(2): 568-576
- [PubMed ID: 30045191]
- Rare Hypothenar Myxoma Causing Ulnar Neuropathy: Histopathology and Treatment Pearls.
- Firouzbakht PK, Israel JS, Christie BM, Rao VK
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Jul; 6(7): e1806
- [PubMed ID: 30175009]