Venkat K Rao, MD, MBA
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Box 3236, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Madras, India, 1970
- Master of Surgery, University of Madras, India, 1975
- Internship and Residency in General Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, 1973-1978
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center, Bronx, NY, 1978-1980
- Research Fellow, Microsurgery, St. Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, 1980-1981
- Fellow, Hand Surgery, University of Kentucky, Louisville, KY, 1981-1982
- MBA, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1989
Dr. Rao is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He specializes in breast surgery, cosmetic surgery, hand and microsurgery. Dr. Rao provides a wide range of services at UW Hospital, Transformations and Meriter Hospital which include breast reconstruction, breast reduction, breast augmentation, body contouring, liposuction, hand injuries and carpal tunnel surgery.
Dr. Rao provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Brow Lift, Carpal Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Hand Arthroplasty, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Rhinoplasty, Tendon Repairs, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Rao’s current research interests include breast reconstruction and outcomes in cosmetic surgery.
Current Weight Loss Medications: What Plastic Surgeons Should Know.
Wirth PJ, Shaffrey EC, Bay C, Rao VK
Aesthet Surg J 2023 Sep 14;
[PubMed ID: 37706359]
Objective Residency Applicant Assessment Using a Linear Rank Model.
Shaffrey EC, Moura SP, Wirth PJ, Attaluri PK, Schappe A, Edalatpour A, Bentz ML, Rao VK
J Surg Educ 2023 Jun; 80(6): 776-785
[PubMed ID: 37012141]
Offering No-Cost Cosmetic Revisions: The Experience of an Academic Cosmetic Surgery Program.
Moura SP, Wirth PJ, Shaffrey EC, Attaluri PK, Rao VK
Aesthet Surg J Open Forum 2023; 5: ojad033
[PubMed ID: 37082332]
The Price Is Right? An Economic Analysis of Factors Influencing Cosmetic Surgery Prices.
Shaffrey EC, Wirth PJ, Moura SP, Attaluri PK, Rao VK
Aesthet Surg J 2023 Aug 17; 43(9): 1036-1045
[PubMed ID: 36947151]
Out-of-scope Cosmetic Surgery: A Review of Malpractice Lawsuits against Nonplastic Surgeons.
Moura SP, Shaffrey EC, Lam CS, Wirth PJ, Attaluri PK, Rao VK
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2023 Mar; 11(3): e4873
[PubMed ID: 36910731]