Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, development and testing of skin substitutes, understanding the contribution of mesenchymal stem cells in burn wound healing, and identifying the role of the host defense peptides in burn wound healing.
- Effective Wound Healing Enabled by Discrete Alternative Electric Fields from Wearable Nanogenerators.
- Long Y, Wei H, Li J, Yao G, Yu B, Ni D, Gibson AL, Lan X, Jiang Y, Cai W, Wang X
- ACS Nano 2018 Nov 29;
- [PubMed ID: 30488695]
- Damage-induced reactive oxygen species regulate vimentin and dynamic collagen-based projections to mediate wound repair.
- LeBert D, Squirrell JM, Freisinger C, Rindy J, Golenberg N, Frecentese G, Gibson A, Eliceiri KW, Huttenlocher A
- Elife 2018 01 16; 7
- [PubMed ID: 29336778]
- Predictors of dysphagia in critically injured patients with neck trauma.
- Borders JC, Gibson AL, Grayev A, Thibeault S
- J Crit Care 2018 Apr; 44: 312-317
- [PubMed ID: 29268199]
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- A Pediatric Burn Outpatient Short Stay Program Decreases Patient Length of Stay With Equivalent Burn Outcomes.
- Zens T, Yan A, Lee CW, Schmitz C, Faucher L, Gibson A
- J Burn Care Res 2018 Apr 20; 39(3): 353-362
- [PubMed ID: 28598952]