Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
- Optimization of interstrand interactions enables burn detection with a collagen-mimetic peptide.
- Dones JM, Tanrikulu IC, Chacko JV, Schroeder AB, Hoang TT, Gibson ALF, Eliceiri KW, Raines RT
- Org. Biomol. Chem. 2019 11 27; 17(46): 9906-9912
- [PubMed ID: 31720665]
- Indeterminate-Depth Burn Injury-Exploring the Uncertainty.
- Karim AS, Shaum K, Gibson ALF
- J. Surg. Res. 2020 Jan; 245: 183-197
- [PubMed ID: 31421361]
- An open-label, prospective, randomized, controlled, multicenter, phase 1b study of StrataGraft skin tissue versus autografting in patients with deep partial-thickness thermal burns.
- Holmes JH, Schurr MJ, King BT, Foster K, Faucher LD, Lokuta MA, Comer AR, Rooney PJ, Barbeau KF, Mohoney ST, Gibson ALF, Lynn Allen-Hoffmann B
- Burns 2019 Dec; 45(8): 1749-1758
- [PubMed ID: 31416637]
- Distinct inflammatory and wound healing responses to complex caudal fin injuries of larval zebrafish.
- Miskolci V, Squirrell J, Rindy J, Vincent W, Sauer JD, Gibson A, Eliceiri KW, Huttenlocher A
- Elife 2019 07 01; 8
- [PubMed ID: 31259685]
- Discordance between histologic and visual assessment of tissue viability in excised burn wound tissue.
- Karim AS, Yan A, Ocotl E, Bennett DD, Wang Z, Kendziorski C, Gibson ALF
- Wound Repair Regen 2019 03; 27(2): 150-161
- [PubMed ID: 30585657]