Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
Tenured Associate Professor
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
The Need for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Examination of Sexual Life Issues After Partners' Burn Injuries.
Nosanov LB, Gibson ALF
J Burn Care Res 2023 Sep 07; 44(5): 1258
[PubMed ID: 37423709]
American Burn Association Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Treatment of Severe Frostbite.
Wibbenmeyer L, Lacey AM, Endorf FW, Logsetty S, Wagner ALL, Gibson ALF, Nygaard RM
J Burn Care Res 2023 Apr 13;
[PubMed ID: 37045447]
Robbing Peter to Pay Paul: Chlorhexidine gluconate demonstrates short-term efficacy and long-term cytotoxicity.
Cheong JZA, Liu A, Rust CJ, Tran CL, Hassan SE, Kalan LR, Gibson ALF
Wound Repair Regen 2022 Sep; 30(5): 573-584
[PubMed ID: 36638156]
Pooled safety analysis of STRATA2011 and STRATA2016 clinical trials evaluating the use of StrataGraft® in patients with deep partial-thickness thermal burns.
Holmes Iv JH, Cancio LC, Carter JE, Faucher LD, Foster K, Hahn HD, King BT, Rutan R, Smiell JM, Wu R, Gibson ALF
Burns 2022 Dec; 48(8): 1816-1824
[PubMed ID: 35941023]
Lighting the Way for Necrosis Excision Through Indocyanine Green Fluorescence-Guided Surgery.
Zajac JC, Liu A, Uselmann AJ, Lin C, Hassan SE, Faucher LD, Gibson AL
J Am Coll Surg 2022 Nov 01; 235(5): 743-755
[PubMed ID: 36102554]