Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
Coming to Consensus: What Defines Deep Partial Thickness Burn Injuries in Porcine Models?
Gibson ALF, Carney BC, Cuttle L, Andrews CJ, Kowalczewski CJ, Liu A, Powell HM, Stone R, Supp DM, Singer AJ, Shupp JW, Lily S, Moffatt LT
J Burn Care Res 2020 Aug 24;
[PubMed ID: 32835360]
Optical imaging of collagen fiber damage to assess thermally injured human skin.
Schroeder AB, Karim A, Ocotl E, Dones JM, Chacko JV, Liu A, Raines RT, Gibson ALF, Eliceiri KW
Wound Repair Regen 2020 Nov; 28(6): 848-855
[PubMed ID: 32715561]
Evolution of ischemia and neovascularization in a murine model of full thickness human wound healing.
Karim AS, Liu A, Lin C, Uselmann AJ, Eliceiri KW, Brown ME, Gibson ALF
Wound Repair Regen 2020 Nov; 28(6): 812-822
[PubMed ID: 32686215]
Perioperative multimodal analgesia reduces opioid use following skin grafting in non-intubated burn patients.
Lennertz R, Haley Z, McCormick T, Hetzel S, Faucher L, Gibson A
J Burn Care Res 2020 Apr 30;
[PubMed ID: 32353145]
Standards in Biologic Lesions: Cutaneous Thermal Injury and Inhalation Injury Working Group 2018 Meeting Proceedings.
Moffatt LT, Madrzykowski D, Gibson ALF, Powell HM, Cancio LC, Wade CE, Choudhry MA, Kovacs EJ, Finnerty CC, Majetschak M, Shupp JW, Standards in Biologic Lesions Working Group
J Burn Care Res 2020 05 02; 41(3): 604-611
[PubMed ID: 32011688]