Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
A phase 3, open-label, controlled, randomized, multicenter trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of StrataGraft® construct in patients with deep partial-thickness thermal burns.
Gibson ALF, Holmes JH, Shupp JW, Smith D, Joe V, Carson J, Litt J, Kahn S, Short T, Cancio L, Rizzo J, Carter JE, Foster K, Lokuta MA, Comer AR, Smiell JM, Allen-Hoffmann BL
Burns 2021 Aug; 47(5): 1024-1037
[PubMed ID: 34099322]
Contrasting recruitment of skin-associated adipose depots during cold challenge of mouse and human.
Kasza I, Kühn JP, Völzke H, Hernando D, Xu YG, Siebert JW, Gibson AL, Yen CE, Nelson DW, MacDougald OA, Richardson NE, Lamming DW, Kern PA, Alexander CM
J Physiol 2021 Mar 16;
[PubMed ID: 33724479]
Response to Letter to the Editor "Defining a meaningful reduction of donor sites-Not as easy as it seems".
Gibson ALF, Smiell J, Yu TC, Böing EA, McClure EB, Merikle E, Holmes JH
Burns 2021 Jun; 47(4): 978
[PubMed ID: 33685811]
Priority effects dictate community structure and alter virulence of fungal-bacterial biofilms.
Cheong JZA, Johnson CJ, Wan H, Liu A, Kernien JF, Gibson ALF, Nett JE, Kalan LR
ISME J 2021 07; 15(7): 2012-2027
[PubMed ID: 33558690]
Response to letter to the editor on "The use of human ex vivo models in burn research - Developments and perspectives".
Gibson A, Liu A, Eliceiri K
Burns 2021 Jun; 47(4): 968-969
[PubMed ID: 33934910]