Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
Standards in Biologic Lesions: Cutaneous Thermal Injury and Inhalation Injury Working Group 2018 Meeting Proceedings.
Moffatt LT, Madrzykowski D, Gibson ALF, Powell HM, Cancio LC, Wade CE, Choudhry MA, Kovacs EJ, Finnerty CC, Majetschak M, Shupp JW, Standards in Biologic Lesions Working Group
J Burn Care Res 2020 Feb 03;
[PubMed ID: 32011688]
Survey of Surgeons' Perspectives of Wound Care Centers and Chronic Wound Care.
Rendell VR, Esposito TJ, Gibson A
Am Surg 2019 Dec 01; 85(12): 1369-1375
[PubMed ID: 31908220]
Optimization of interstrand interactions enables burn detection with a collagen-mimetic peptide.
Dones JM, Tanrikulu IC, Chacko JV, Schroeder AB, Hoang TT, Gibson ALF, Eliceiri KW, Raines RT
Org. Biomol. Chem. 2019 11 27; 17(46): 9906-9912
[PubMed ID: 31720665]
Indeterminate-Depth Burn Injury-Exploring the Uncertainty.
Karim AS, Shaum K, Gibson ALF
J. Surg. Res. 2020 01; 245: 183-197
[PubMed ID: 31421361]
An open-label, prospective, randomized, controlled, multicenter, phase 1b study of StrataGraft skin tissue versus autografting in patients with deep partial-thickness thermal burns.
Holmes JH, Schurr MJ, King BT, Foster K, Faucher LD, Lokuta MA, Comer AR, Rooney PJ, Barbeau KF, Mohoney ST, Gibson ALF, Lynn Allen-Hoffmann B
Burns 2019 12; 45(8): 1749-1758
[PubMed ID: 31416637]