Angela Gibson, MD, PhD, FACS
- Medical Director, UW Health Wound Healing Services
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2009
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2014
- Burn Surgery Fellowship, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2015
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Gibson is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She specializes in the surgical treatment of trauma and burns and surgical critical care.
Dr. Gibson’s research interests focus on epithelial regeneration in burn injury, evaluation of skin substitutes, human skin model development for wound healing, and understanding the burn wound microenvironment.
Ex Vivo Human and Porcine Skin Effectively Model Candida auris Colonization, Differentiating Robust and Poor Fungal Colonizers.
Eix EF, Johnson CJ, Wartman KM, Kernien JF, Meudt JJ, Shanmuganayagam D, Gibson ALF, Nett JE
J Infect Dis 2022 May 16; 225(10): 1791-1795
[PubMed ID: 35267041]
Accelerated complete human skin architecture restoration after wounding by nanogenerator-driven electrostimulation.
Liu A, Long Y, Li J, Gu L, Karim A, Wang X, Gibson ALF
J Nanobiotechnology 2021 Sep 20; 19(1): 280
[PubMed ID: 34544434]
Burn Resuscitation Practices in North America: Results of the Acute Burn ResUscitation Multicenter Prospective Trial (ABRUPT).
Greenhalgh DG, Cartotto R, Taylor SL, Fine JR, Lewis GM, Smith DJ, Marano MA, Gibson A, Wibbenmeyer LA, Holmes JH, Rizzo JA, Foster KN, Khandelwal A, Fischer S, Hemmila MR, Hill D, Aballay AM, Tredget EE, Goverman J, Phelan H, Jimenez CJ, Baldea A, Sood R
Ann Surg 2021 Aug 19;
[PubMed ID: 34417368]
Setting Up for Success: Strategies to Foster Surgeons' Pursuit of Basic Science Research.
Livingston-Rosanoff D, Park KY, Alagoz E, Thibeault S, Gibson A
J Surg Res 2021 12; 268: 71-78
[PubMed ID: 34289417]
A phase 3, open-label, controlled, randomized, multicenter trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of StrataGraft® construct in patients with deep partial-thickness thermal burns.
Gibson ALF, Holmes JH, Shupp JW, Smith D, Joe V, Carson J, Litt J, Kahn S, Short T, Cancio L, Rizzo J, Carter JE, Foster K, Lokuta MA, Comer AR, Smiell JM, Allen-Hoffmann BL
Burns 2021 08; 47(5): 1024-1037
[PubMed ID: 34099322]