Hau D. Le, MD, FACS
- Division of Pediatric Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2005
- Research Fellowship in Surgery and Vascular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2010
- General Surgery Residency, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, CA, 2015
Dr. Le is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. His clinical practice emphasizes minimally invasive approaches to all types of pediatric and neonatal surgical disorders. He specializes in general and thoracic pediatric surgery, minimally invasive and neonatal surgery, oncology and trauma.
For a complete listing of conditions for which our pediatric surgeons provide treatment, please click here.
Dr. Le’s research interests focus primarily on lung development and regeneration in neonates with congenital diaphragmatic hernia and studying the effects of eicosanoids (products of essential fatty acids) on pediatric solid tumors.
- Biofunctionalized Plants as Diverse Biomaterials for Human Cell Culture.
- Fontana G, Gershlak J, Adamski M, Lee JS, Matsumoto S, Le HD, Binder B, Wirth J, Gaudette G, Murphy WL
- Adv Healthc Mater 2017 Apr; 6(8)
- [PubMed ID: 28319334]
- A Single Institution Review of Initial Application of a 5-mm Stapler.
- Rogers AP, Zens TJ, Kohler JE, Le HD, Nichol PF, Leys CM
- J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2016 Aug; 26(8): 660-2
- [PubMed ID: 27398952]
- A combined Richter's and de Garengeot's hernia.
- Le HD, Odom SR, Hsu A, Gupta A, Hauser CJ
- Int J Surg Case Rep 2014; 5(10): 662-4
- [PubMed ID: 25194599]
- Docosahexaenoic acid, G protein-coupled receptors, and melanoma: is G protein-coupled receptor 40 a potential therapeutic target?
- Nehra D, Pan AH, Le HD, Fallon EM, Carlson SJ, Kalish BT, Puder M
- J. Surg. Res. 2014 May 15; 188(2): 451-8
- [PubMed ID: 24576779]
- Intravenous fish oil lipid emulsion promotes a shift toward anti-inflammatory proresolving lipid mediators.
- Kalish BT, Le HD, Fitzgerald JM, Wang S, Seamon K, Gura KM, Gronert K, Puder M
- Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 2013 Dec; 305(11): G818-28
- [PubMed ID: 24091595]