Jon S Odorico, MD
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- Residency, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1987-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990-1992
- Fellow, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1994-1996
Dr. Odorico is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants.
Dr. Odorico’s research focuses on stem cell biology and differentiation, developing novel stem cell-based strategies for treating diabetes, pancreas transplantation, and islet cell transplantation.
- Outcomes after simultaneous kidney-pancreas versus pancreas after kidney transplantation in the current era.
- Parajuli S, Arunachalam A, Swanson KJ, Aziz F, Garg N, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Djamali A, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Clin Transplant 2019 Oct 19; e13732
- [PubMed ID: 31628870]
- More than 25 years of pancreas graft survival after simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation: experience from the world's largest series of long-term survivors.
- Parajuli S, Bath NM, Aziz F, Garg N, Muth B, Djamali A, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Odorico J, Mandelbrot D, Sollinger H
- Transplantation 2019 Sep 13;
- [PubMed ID: 31568218]
- Mimicking nature-made beta cells: recent advances towards stem cell-derived islets.
- Tremmel DM, Mitchell SA, Sackett SD, Odorico JS
- Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2019 Oct; 24(5): 574-581
- [PubMed ID: 31433306]
- Pancreas Retransplant After Pancreas Graft Failure in Simultaneous Pancreas-kidney Transplants Is Associated With Better Kidney Graft Survival.
- Parajuli S, Arunachalam A, Swanson KJ, Aziz F, Garg N, Bath N, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Djamali A, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Transplant Direct 2019 Aug; 5(8): e473
- [PubMed ID: 31576369]
- Geographic Disparities in Access to Simultaneous Pancreas and Kidney Transplant in the Pre- and Post-Pancreas Allocation System Eras".
- Concepcion BP, Feurer ID, Rega SA, Niederhaus S, Odorico J, Forbes RC
- Transplantation 2019 Jun 26;
- [PubMed ID: 31335772]