Jon S Odorico, MD
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- Residency, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1987-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990-1992
- Fellow, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1994-1996
Dr. Odorico is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants.
Dr. Odorico’s research focuses on stem cell biology and differentiation, developing novel stem cell-based strategies for treating diabetes, pancreas transplantation, and islet cell transplantation.
- Yes, we do need to demonstrate the survival advantage of pancreas after kidney transplantation.
- Fridell JA, Niederhaus S, Urban R, Fox A, Odorico J
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 Dec 18;
- [PubMed ID: 30565399]
- Rebuilding a better home for transplanted islets.
- Tremmel DM, Odorico JS
- Organogenesis 2018; 14(4): 163-168
- [PubMed ID: 30252586]
- C-peptide levels do not correlate with pancreas allograft failure: Multicenter retrospective analysis and discussion of the new OPT definition of pancreas allograft failure.
- Niederhaus SV, Carrico RJ, Prentice MA, Fox AC, Mujtaba MA, Dunn TB, Olaitan OK, Fisher JS, Stratta RJ, Farney AC, Odorico JS, Fridell JA
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 Sep 19;
- [PubMed ID: 30230218]
- The survival advantage of pancreas after kidney transplant.
- Fridell JA, Niederhaus S, Curry M, Urban R, Fox A, Odorico J
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 Sep 06;
- [PubMed ID: 30188614]
- Extracellular matrix scaffold and hydrogel derived from decellularized and delipidized human pancreas.
- Sackett SD, Tremmel DM, Ma F, Feeney AK, Maguire RM, Brown ME, Zhou Y, Li X, O'Brien C, Li L, Burlingham WJ, Odorico JS
- Sci Rep 2018 Jul 11; 8(1): 10452
- [PubMed ID: 29993013]