Jon S Odorico, MD
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- Residency, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1987-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990-1992
- Fellow, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1994-1996
Dr. Odorico is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants.
Dr. Odorico’s research focuses on stem cell biology and differentiation, developing novel stem cell-based strategies for treating diabetes, pancreas transplantation, and islet cell transplantation.
- Broadened Allocation of Pancreas Transplants Across Compatible ABO Blood Types.
- Fridell JA, Gustafson SK, Thompson BW, Fox AC, Prentice MA, Curry MA, Odorico JS
- Transplant. Proc. 2017 Dec; 49(10): 2318-2323
- [PubMed ID: 29198669]
- A Single-Center Experience With Tacrolimus LCP (Envarsus XR) in Pancreas Transplant Recipients.
- Kerstenetzky L, Descourouez JL, Jorgenson MR, Felix DC, Mandelbrot DA, Redfield RR, Odorico JS
- Ann Pharmacother 2017 Dec 01; 1060028017749076
- [PubMed ID: 29241340]
- An Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Simultaneous Bilateral Nephrectomy and Renal Transplantation for Polycystic Kidney Disease: A 20-Year Experience.
- Grodstein EI, Baggett N, Wayne S, Leverson G, D'Alessandro AM, Fernandez LA, Foley DP, Mezrich JD, Odorico JS, Redfield RR, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB
- Transplantation 2017 Nov; 101(11): 2774-2779
- [PubMed ID: 29064957]
- Prevalence and outcomes of cystic lesions of the transplant pancreas: The University of Wisconsin Experience.
- Al-Qaoud TM, Martinez EJ, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Redfield RR, Welch B, Leverson G, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 Feb; 18(2): 467-477
- [PubMed ID: 29024476]
- Concurrent biopsies of both grafts in recipients of simultaneous pancreas and kidney demonstrate high rates of discordance for rejection as well as discordance in type of rejection - a retrospective study.
- Parajuli S, Arpali E, Astor BC, Djamali A, Aziz F, Redfield RR, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Transpl. Int. 2018 01; 31(1): 32-37
- [PubMed ID: 28672081]