Jon S Odorico, MD
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- Residency, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1987-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990-1992
- Fellow, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1994-1996
Dr. Odorico is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants.
Dr. Odorico’s research focuses on stem cell biology and differentiation, developing novel stem cell-based strategies for treating diabetes, pancreas transplantation, and islet cell transplantation.
- Isolated pancreas transplantation: is rank list position related to outcomes of imported grafts?
- Adler JT, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Apr 09;
- [PubMed ID: 30963706]
- Enteric conversion after bladder-drained pancreas transplantation is not associated with worse allograft survival.
- Adler JT, Zaborek N, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS, Sollinger HW
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Mar 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30838785]
- OPTN/SRTR 2017 Annual Data Report: Pancreas.
- Kandaswamy R, Stock PG, Gustafson SK, Skeans MA, Urban R, Fox A, Odorico JS, Israni AK, Snyder JJ, Kasiske BL
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Feb; 19 Suppl 2: 124-183
- [PubMed ID: 30811891]
- Yes, we do need to demonstrate the survival advantage of pancreas after kidney transplantation.
- Fridell JA, Niederhaus S, Urban R, Fox A, Odorico J
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Apr; 19(4): 1243-1244
- [PubMed ID: 30565399]
- Rebuilding a better home for transplanted islets.
- Tremmel DM, Odorico JS
- Organogenesis 2018; 14(4): 163-168
- [PubMed ID: 30252586]