Jon S Odorico, MD
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- Residency, General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1987-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1990-1992
- Fellow, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1994-1996
Dr. Odorico is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants.
Dr. Odorico’s research focuses on stem cell biology and differentiation, developing novel stem cell-based strategies for treating diabetes, pancreas transplantation, and islet cell transplantation.
- Mimicking nature-made beta cells: recent advances towards stem cell-derived islets.
- Tremmel DM, Mitchell SA, Sackett SD, Odorico JS
- Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2019 Aug 19;
- [PubMed ID: 31433306]
- Geographic Disparities in Access to Simultaneous Pancreas and Kidney Transplant in the Pre- and Post-Pancreas Allocation System Eras".
- Concepcion BP, Feurer ID, Rega SA, Niederhaus S, Odorico J, Forbes RC
- Transplantation 2019 Jun 26;
- [PubMed ID: 31335772]
- How Should Pancreas Transplant Rejection be Treated?
- Aziz F, Parajuli S, Uddin S, Harrold K, Djamali A, Astor B, Odorico J, Mandelbrot D
- Transplantation 2019 Jun 18;
- [PubMed ID: 31233481]
- In Depth Quantification of Extracellular Matrix Proteins from Human Pancreas.
- Ma F, Tremmel DM, Li Z, Lietz CB, Sackett SD, Odorico JS, Li L
- J. Proteome Res. 2019 Aug 02; 18(8): 3156-3165
- [PubMed ID: 31200599]
- Isolated pancreas transplantation: Is rank list position related to outcomes of imported grafts?
- Adler JT, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Apr 09;
- [PubMed ID: 30963706]