Michael L Bentz, MD
- Layton F. Rikkers MD Chair of Surgical Leadership
- Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics and Neurosurgery
- Chairman, Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Box 3236, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, 1984
- Residency in Surgery, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1984-1989
- Fellowship in Microvascular Research, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 1989-1990
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 1990-1992
Dr. Bentz is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Bentz’s practice focuses on plastic and reconstructive surgery for infants and children. He has special interests in pediatric hand surgery; cleft lip and palate surgery; chest, abdominal wall, and extremity reconstruction; and the treatment of birthmarks and vascular lesions. He also performs general reconstruction of the adult trunk, extremities, and head and neck.
Dr. Bentz provides a wide range of services including Brachial Plexus Surgery, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Congenital Defects, Digital Replantation, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Gynecologic Oncology Reconstruction, Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Pediatric Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Skin Cancer Reconstruction, Tendon Repairs.
Dr. Bentz’s research interests focus primarily on outcomes in gynecologic oncology reconstruction and intra- and extra thoracic reconstruction as well as educational outcomes.
- Psychological Theory as It Applies to Surgical Training.
- Babchenko O, Garland CB, Bentz ML, Poore SO
- Ann. Surg. 2019 Jan 03;
- [PubMed ID: 30614874]
- The Surgical Treatment of Adult Acquired Buried Penis Syndrome: A New Classification System.
- Hesse MA, Israel JS, Shulzhenko NO, Sanchez RJ, Garland CB, Siebert JW, Bentz ML, Williams DH, Poore SO
- Aesthet Surg J 2018 Dec 13;
- [PubMed ID: 30544206]
- What Influences a Plastic Surgery Resident to Pursue an Academic Career?
- Mandel BA, Weber SM, Gutowski KA, Salyapongse AN, Bentz ML
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Oct; 6(10): e1860
- [PubMed ID: 30534481]
- Evaluation of a new T2 Magnetic Resonance assay for rapid detection of emergent fungal pathogen Candida auris on clinical skin swab samples.
- Sexton DJ, Bentz ML, Welsh RM, Litvintseva AP
- Mycoses 2018 Oct; 61(10): 786-790
- [PubMed ID: 29938838]
- Seeing is Believing? Preoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Pressure Ulcers: Implications for Surgical Management.
- McCarthy J, Hartmann E, Bentz ML, Rao VK, Jee Y, Rivedal D, Poore SO
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2017 Mar; 5(3): e1263
- [PubMed ID: 28458977]