Sean Ronnekleiv-Kelly, MD
- Endowed Professor, Ronald E. and Patricia A. Kissinger Surgical Oncology Research Professorship
- Division of Surgical Oncology
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2008
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 2015
- Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2017
Certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and specializes in malignant disease of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder and biliary tree, stomach and small intestine, neuroendocrine tumors and retroperitoneal sarcoma.
Principal research interest is pancreatic cancer. My lab focuses on formation and progression of pancreatic cancer as well as understanding communication within the tumor microenvironment.
- Analysis of 90-day cost for open versus minimally invasive distal pancreatectomy.
- Fisher AV, Fernandes-Taylor S, Schumacher JR, Havlena JA, Wang X, Lawson EH, Ronnekleiv-Kelly SM, Winslow ER, Weber SM, Abbott DE
- HPB (Oxford) 2018 Jul 31;
- [PubMed ID: 30076011]
- The Impact of Hospital Neoadjuvant Therapy Utilization on Survival Outcomes for Pancreatic Cancer.
- Fisher AV, Abbott DE, Venkatesh M, Leverson GE, Campbell-Flohr SA, Ronnekleiv-Kelly SM, Greenberg CC, Winslow ER, Weber SM
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2018 Sep; 25(9): 2661-2668
- [PubMed ID: 30003452]
- Operative Results and Oncologic Outcomes of Associating Liver Partition and Portal Vein Ligation for Staged Hepatectomy (ALPPS) Versus Two-Stage Hepatectomy (TSH) in Patients with Unresectable Colorectal Liver Metastases: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Moris D, Ronnekleiv-Kelly S, Kostakis ID, Tsilimigras DI, Beal EW, Papalampros A, Dimitroulis D, Felekouras E, Pawlik TM
- World J Surg 2018 03; 42(3): 806-815
- [PubMed ID: 28798996]
- The use of negative pressure wound therapy to prevent post-operative surgical site infections following pancreaticoduodenectomy.
- Burkhart RA, Javed AA, Ronnekleiv-Kelly S, Wright MJ, Poruk KE, Eckhauser F, Makary MA, Cameron JL, Wolfgang CL, He J, Weiss MJ
- HPB (Oxford) 2017 09; 19(9): 825-831
- [PubMed ID: 28602643]
- Epigenetic therapy and chemosensitization in solid malignancy.
- Ronnekleiv-Kelly SM, Sharma A, Ahuja N
- Cancer Treat. Rev. 2017 Apr; 55: 200-208
- [PubMed ID: 28431263]