Training of the next generation of academic researchers is integral to the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin. Various research programs within the department provide training opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows. Our opportunities include basic, translational, and clinical research experiences. A broad range of interdisciplinary scientific conferences ensures that researchers and trainees have ample opportunity for interaction and collaboration with individuals in various other laboratories. The Department of Surgery is also home to five formal research training programs funded by the National Institutes of Health. Learn more about the programs below.
- Surgical Oncology Research Training Program (T32)
- Voice Research Training Program (T32)
- Vascular Surgery Research Training Program (T32)
- Transplant Surgery Research Training Program (T32)
- Surgery Summer Research Experience for Medical Students (T35)
- Doris Duke Clinical Research Continuum: High School to College Program