Researcher - Wisconsin Surgical Outcomes Research Program
Master’s Degree required. Degree in public health, population health, clinical investigation, or related field preferred. Graduate level statistics study desirable.
Preferred two years experience in conducting outcomes, health services or clinical research. Experience managing multi-disciplinary research teams and executing quantitative and qualitative research preferred.
The selected candidate for this position will serve as a key research member of the Wisconsin Surgical Outcomes Research Program. The mission of WiSOR is to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and efficiency of surgical care through research and innovation. The program encompasses comparative effectiveness research, qualitative research particularly related to patient-provider interactions, as well as research in performance and safety in surgical care, patterns of care, quality of life, and decision analysis. The immediate program needs for this position are focused on research involving plastic and reconstructive surgery patients and providers. Quantitative studies involving database analysis, as well as qualitative and mixed methods are involved. The Researcher will assist WiSOR investigators in a variety of research areas, including coordination of research teams and research projects as well as execution of research. The Researcher will interact with WiSOR faculty and staff with a variety of backgrounds including MDs, PhDs and MPHs.
Specific duties include:
1. Collaborate with principal investigator(s) to conduct high quality research; analyze and interpret research data; maintain knowledge of specific study and regulatory guidelines to help ensure compliance.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of new research projects.
3. Participate in the coordination and advancement of existing research projects.
4. Complete protocols for conducting research involving human subjects.
5. Manage project data, including collection and storage, and assure data consistency/security.
6. Conduct scientific literature searches, including abstracting data from published sources, summarizing articles, and maintaining a bibliographic database.
7. Assist in data analysis and interpretation of data findings.
8. Write, edit, and disseminate research reports, technical reports, academic papers and research presentations in cooperation with research team.