Founded in 2011 with just 10 faculty investigators and 2 research staff, WiSOR has rapidly grown to include 27 faculty affiliates and more than 20 research staff at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD levels. Under the leadership of founding director Caprice C. Greenberg, MD, WiSOR developed several key initiatives aimed at fostering collaboration, centralizing resources across individual research labs, and supporting investigators and trainees pursuing health services research. Corrine Voils, PhD, joined WiSOR as scientific director in 2017. Today, WiSOR’s resources include access to key health care data sets, a qualitative research core, and regular meetings and working groups.
WiSOR is committed to high-quality, rigorous scientific research from faculty and staff at all career stages.
- Funds awarded to WiSOR investigators in FY11: $1.3 Million
- Funds awarded to WiSOR investigators in FY19: $9 Million
- Total awarded since WiSOR’s establishment: $26 Million
- Papers authored by WiSOR researchers in FY19: more than 120
Teaching, Learning, and Mentoring
WiSOR values the time and energy required for effective teaching and mentoring. We are committed to training the next generation of health services researchers in the field of surgery.
- Career Development Awards received since 2011: 9
- Research fellows (funded mainly on T32 grants) hosted by WiSOR since 2011: 22
- Frequency of WiSOR grant writing group meetings: monthly
We value a culture of collaboration both within and beyond WiSOR. By sharing knowledge and experience in a collegial and interdisciplinary environment, we advance the field of health services research. Some of WiSOR’s collaborators include: