Partner2Lose, a weight loss study run by Corrine Voils, PhD, is currently recruiting participants:
Do you want to lose weight? Are you ready to try something new?
Partner2Lose is a nutrition and weight loss study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We are now enrolling couples into this 2-year program that will compare two ways for losing weight: 1) Participating in a weight loss program alone OR 2) Participating in a weight loss program with support from your spouse or life partner.
Who can participate?
o 18-74 years old
o currently overweight
o living with your spouse or life partner who is willing to participate with you
o not pregnant or breastfeeding
AND you and your partner:
o are willing to participate in a 2-year nutrition and weight loss program, including group classes taking place in Madison, WI and individual telephone calls
o have separate smart phones with data and texting plans
o have separate email addresses and regular access to the internet
Study activities, frequency, and payment:
- Group classes*
- 16 classes (Every 2 weeks in months 1-6 then once a month in months 7-9)
- 2 hours each class;
- TOTAL: 32 hours
- Payment: None – Class instruction is free
- Phone calls
- 9 phone calls (Once a month in months 7-12, every other month in months 13-18)
- 30 minutes each call;
- TOTAL: 4.5 hours
- Payment: None – Call support is free
- Measurement visits
- Visits at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months
- 30 minutes each visit;
- TOTAL: 2 hours
- Payment: $180 for participant; $180 for partner
* Free childcare for ages 3 and over may be provided by request.
To learn more about this opportunity and to see if you are a good fit for this study, please visit the Partner2Lose website: www.partner2lose.com
All communication of interest for participation must be done through the Partner2Lose website.