Congratulations to our department’s Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) who were nominated for the 2020 UW Health APP Excellence Awards, and to Amanda Meyer, PA-C, who won the Excellence in Leadership Award!
Seven of this year’s 27 nominees were Department of Surgery advanced practice nurses or physician assistants:
- Claire Bergman, NP, Plastic Surgery
- Cassandra Hartwig, NP, Colorectal Surgery
- Ashley Kujava, NP, Otolaryngology
- Amanda Meyer, PA-C, General and Acute Care Surgery
- Hannah Rottinghaus, PA-C, Otolaryngology
- Anna Schmidt, PA-C, Otolaryngology
- Emily Staudt, PA-C, Colorectal Surgery
Meyer specializes in burn and trauma surgery. Her nomination praised her “fierce inner drive and passion about the care she delivers” and noted her proactive efforts to support not only patients but also her colleagues.
The awards, sponsored annually by UW Health and the Advanced Practice Provider Council, recognize excellence in four areas: clinical practice, teaching, leadership, and “unsung hero.” Any APP credentialed through UW Health and employed there for at least one year is eligible, provided they/she/he has not won in the last five years.